So, I’m pretty proud of my garden right now! It’s the best it’s ever been and I’m feeling all smart and stuff. Like, I might actually have the hang of this whole growing food to eat business. Heck, I even have a mystery plant growing out of my compost pile, and that’s like, boss, right? Because I can make things grow out of garbage, man. Oh, yeah.
It’s my fourth (?) year of gardening here, and I finally feel like I have some knowledge paving the way with my planting placement, fertilization, pruning, and everything else garden-related. Of course, I still doubt myself and feel like I have no freaking idea what I’m doing. But, look!
strawberries in a pot
onions, tomato, peas, bell pepper and basil
cherry tomato babies
mystery compost plant
cilantro going to seed, tomato buried in the same pot, lantana and pineapple palm tree
strawberry growing in the raised bed
strawberry in a small pot, sweet pea and peppers in the raised bed
And here’s the deal, these plants are just pretty (although, I do eat the purple basil, and it smells and tastes FANTASTIC- so it’s not just for show!).
purple basil (mostly flowers because they are SO pretty!)
my happy little rose bushes with lavender in between
climbing rose bush
floribunda rose bush
Here are my to-do’s this month in the garden:
- harvest cilantro seed, hopefully
- keep on fertilizing!
- harvest some cherry tomatoes
- continue to harvest the random strawberry-seriously? I have six plants. You’d think I could at least get a pint out of those babies by now!
- still have baby wildflowers growing in pots, and really not sure if they’ll EVER get to flower-so we are just watching to see…
- keep everything watered and alive, since it hit almost 100 degrees here already this week! ouch.
- trim the pineapple palms
- wonder when the onions will set, could possibly be this month, maybe?
Don’t you just love spring? Seriously, my favorite season EVER. What are you planning or growing in your garden this year?