Hello! Any fun plans for the weekend? We’re pretty excited about Super Bowl around here, even though our team didn’t make it…
So, let’s go back to San Francisco. Here are the last half of our pictures from a weekend trip in January. The first night, we had dinner at a fun little Parisian jazz bar with live music and perfect ambiance. Saturday brought a hike to Fisherman’s Wharf, breakfast and Irish coffee, the Golden Gate Bridge and a long, long walk back to our hotel. Or almost there, anyway. We experienced the trolly, and had a lot of fun seeing the city like a local would. You can catch up here. We even went to a pub to watch a playoff game! I felt so San Frinian haha!
Sunday, we squeezed in Chinatown. What a neat little place! I only wish we’d gone Saturday, since most of the shops were closed. It was still pretty sweet, and we did get to experience a Chinese market on a smaller scale. We even witnessed a movie being filmed!
Here’s how we experienced as much of San Francisco as we possibly could in a quick weekend:
- Arrive on Friday night, take the train downtown and check into a Union Square hotel. Go to Jazz Bistro for dinner and drinks.
- Saturday morning, wake up early, take trolley to Fisherman’s Wharf, have breakfast at The Buena Vista and experience their world famous Irish Coffee.
- Sober up by walking the piers of Fisherman’s Wharf, including Pier 39, where you can see the sea lions resting, arguing and being cute.
- Uber to the north side of the bridge at Vista Point and walk back down south to experience it’s amazingness.
- Walk along the shore towards Union Square. We used our phone navigation and stuck to the shore for the flattest, most nature-filled walk possible. Trolly back the rest of the way since walking the whole way is superhuman.
- Have a quick dinner at Burger House/The Pizza House. I’m not saying it’s the best burger or best pizza. But the garlic fries? Just do it. Besides, after all that walking, anything tastes amazing.
- Stretch. A LOT. Then, check out Lefty O’Douls for nostalgia and drinks.
- Rest and then head over to Union Square Sports Bar. Have a few drinks, make some friends, get a little sloshed. Then burn off the buzz with a walk back to the hotel. Dodge transients and street ladies begging for money and cigarettes.
- Stop for garlic fries at the Burger House. See #6.
- Sunday: wake up at your leisure and brush your dang teeth, garlic breath!
- Head over to Chinatown. Walk the streets and wish that the shops were open. Admire the signs, street art and architecture. Treck it back downtown.
- Sit in Union Square, sip coffee and people watch.
- Wander through all the high-end shops, stopping to sit on furniture you can’t afford and outside to admire the street performers. Pause at Boudin Bakery for a clam chowder filled sourdough bowl.
- Take a shuttle back to the airport and wish there were teleportation devices already.
- Board the plane and plan your next trip, because there is no way you can see/do everything you want in San Francisco in a weekend + it’s so awesome you can’t wait to go back.
Have you seen San Fran? What would you recommend?